When it comes to working out people – especially ladies – think more in terms of acquiring size zero clothes fit. This is the wrong approach.
Rather than going around looking like a beanpole your workouts should concentrate more on building strength. When you are physically strong your mental capabilities also improve and you will develop the right amount of determination and confidence to improve your lifestyle.
Also keep in mind that beauty is something that varies from one person to another so you should not let any warped perception influence your workout goals. If you need guidance on how to build strength rather than just dropping weight, you could use the services of Dangerously Fit Personal Training in Bondi Beach.
Why Focus on Gaining Strength Over Going Skinny
- Being skinny if your body also has enough strength – is not a problem. Remember strength can come in different sizes. But if you focus on strength when working out you will enjoy better health and be able to better tackle life’s everyday activities
- When your body develops a strength quotient you will automatically see a few additional curves – and definitely curves add to a more attractive appearance.
- As against a skinny look, when you decide to instead build muscle, you do not need to keep fighting those hunger pangs. You can enjoy good healthy food, as the body requires the right amount of nutrients.
- When it comes to clothes, your mantra should be ‘you wear the clothes’ not ‘your clothes wearing you’. The latter situation pushes you into a situation where you literally become a clothes hanger.
- You have to ensure your body is not deprived of its quota of nutrients. Fat should be looked at as a source of energy to help with your fitness regimen.
- When you go after a skinny look you are not respecting your body. Any Bondi Beach personal trainer will tell you that your body is a machine and you should treat it with respect, not continuously knock it just to appear ‘skinny’. You need to keep a close watch as to what extent you should go when working out.
- It is important not to be just guided by society when it comes to physical appearance. It is your body and you need to create your own personalised standards.
- A good physical appearance should also rely on watching the progress of your abdominal lines rather than nitpicking yourself to attain a skinny look. You need to burn calories, not just count them.
- Working out is not just about dropping kilos and getting toned – that happens automatically when you take up strength training.
When you concentrate on strength rather than a skinny look, you will find that your everyday life becomes easier to cope with. Your body will be able to handle the daily grind without too taxing an effort. Your quest for strength should be a never-ending journey – there is no time- bar even with the onset of age. Strength will keep you healthy and help you to survive; more so as it applies to most daily activities in life. If you need help on this level as mentioned above you could always take advice from a Bondi Beach personal trainer.